Wednesday 18 August 2010

Och's third week

This is the third week of my internship. Since I came here in Texas, Houston became my third home and I'm getting used to this new culture.

On August 4th, the day I came here, my head was full of excitements and worries. Even how to buy a coke from vending machine was an issue for me. But, everything starts from curiousness, so I'm learning about all of them now.

I'm living in the Mathesons' house as a house guest. I was surprised by their kindness and hospitality. We talk about many kinds of interesting subjects at the dining table. In fact, having dinner with an American family was the greatest experience for me. Dinner is a very special time to them.

With my host family, I'm spending so many happy times together. They take me to show the city and meet relatives all the time. Last weekend we went to San Antonio for a two day trip. It was a wonderful city. Cultural heritage was all over the city, in it's buildings also in it's people. Even though it's in the same state as Houston, I felt a unique difference as if I was in a totally different country. How wonderful is to live in a multicultural country like United States.


Last night was the baseball night. All the students from Japan, went to the Houston Astros game. I don't know much about baseball, but it was a great game. Of course the Astros won the match. "Don't mess with Texas!"

I didn't write about my job this time. Maybe next time!

By
Och

No comments:

Post a Comment