Friday 27 August 2010

Last Day...

It is the last day in Texas today.

I met many people who have a warm personality. Especially, my host mother, Betty. When I came to Texas the first time, I was homesick. That's because I couldn't get used to American food and it is too fast for me to understand what Americans were saying. At that time, Betty was worried about me. She said to me, "You can speak Japanese if you can't understand" We wouldn't speak Japanese in front of Betty. But she allowed us to speak Japanese. And she always smiles. Her smile gave me power.

One day, we said to her, "I'm sorry you do many things for us." she replayed, "That's OK!! If you were in that situation like me, do many things for others this will make this world peace and others smile." I think that's true. It is important for us to have kindness for others. In Japan, we are busy every day. So, we often can't pay attention to others. It is NOT good. When I come back to Japan, I will practice what Betty told me in Texas.

I could understand one simple thing by coming to Texas. I really like Texas as Texan people are very kind, the food is very good. However, I REALLY REALLY love Japan. I now understand I must go back and grow up in Japan.

Texas and the United States is my second country. I'll never forget the memories of this summer. And I'll be back here someday!! Finally, I sincerely appreciate all people who cooperated with this internship. Thank you for your cooperation.

by
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment