Monday 23 August 2010

Little bit about our work

Office is the place we spend our time almost every day. That is the place where we meet many volunteers from many different generations and backgrounds. It is more encouraging that we see all these people are willing to help their favorite candidate.

To me, politics is much related to trust and hope. Who is trustful and able to answer to the peoples hope can be a good politician. So I thought, all the volunteers are spending their time to support a person they can trust.

Everyday work is not so hard but not so easy either. Because we are working in a very sensitive field, we have to be careful. Mistakes can lead to failure. But we are enjoying every moment in the office.

Our office is placed in very busy area of the city. There are many office buildings, grocery stores and restaurants. Every afternoon we try to experience different kinds of foods. It's so interesting to eat in various restaurants. Everyday we have a new experience and new taste.

Och

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish I still possessed your naivete (純朴さ). I think Ive become too cynical(皮肉な) to trust politicians. On the other hand, I'm Canadian, and Canadians believe in "Peace, order and good government". I think we WANT to trust our politicians, but they disappoint us so often.

    Having said all that, I think the experience you are getting in Texas is precious. You're in an environment now where people are working very hard for someone and something they believe in. That's important! I hope you can find a way to do that when you return to Japan. It's not easy. Even in Canada, people find it difficult to stand up for what they believe in, and they are often lonely when they do stand up for their beliefs. The people who started
    Greenpeace
    are a good example.

    Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to hearing more.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete