Monday 16 August 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

This is our office!

This is a picture of Discovery Green, Texas

Well, we have been here over a week and it's been BUSY! We have been having so much fun working and meeting people we had no time to write. We are sorry! But we promise to write more every day from now on! We are working from 9-5 in the office. We are doing office tasks like filing, stuffing envelopes, and data input. We are getting used to working on the computers. It's all English!! The people in the office are very friendly and we can talk to them about many things, life in Japan, American education, politics and much more. We are learning a lot! We use English everyday in work, we are typing in English and writing envelopes in English. We are reading English handwriting, but it's difficult to read!!

Last week, we had two pool welcome parties, a BBQ, and some of us visited museums after work. We also had an 'ice-cream social' networking event where we could talk to many people. This was held at Discovery Green (picture above).







1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone,
    you must be very tired working every day in English. I understand when you say that English handwriting is hard to read. I find Japanese handwriting hard to read. I'm having a lot of trouble treading the surveys I gave my students last semester. They wrote furigana for me but it's the handwriting I can't read LOL! Wanna help me? LOL!
    English handwriting can be difficult for me to read too. My handwriting now is dreadful. I never write in cursive script on the blackboard now LOL. Actually, writing on the blackboard is easier for me because I can write big. These days I hate writing by hand and I almost always write using a computer.
    Keep up the good work and say hi to Sarah and Phil for me.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete